Saturday 7 February 2015

CARLY'S SILENCE- REHEARSAL PHOTOGRAPHY


Carly resists physical touch...


Mum: I'm trying, the fact she doesn't hug me...she hates being touched. 


Carly and Rosie in Respite


That sound...I hate it! Im hypersensitive to sound ...
Sensory Overload and Carly


Carly: I got so angry, all I could see was pillows flying around everywhere!




Carly is sent to respite


Carly meets Lauren - A young girl with Aspergers Syndrome 

Lauren: I'm Lauren and I'm a girl that is 14 years old. This means I'm a teenager. 



Carly and Mum trapped in silence 


The first touch between Mum and Carly...

Mum:
I will never forget Carly's first words...It is like my child has been reborn and I finally get to meet her...




1 comment:

  1. Although sometimes stressful, I think I can safely say that every one of us has really enjoyed both the rehearsal devising process! Rehearsing has given us the opportunity to really get to know the characters we have created. It's one thing reading about what Carly's family and other people suffering with autism go through, but experiencing a replica first hand increases you empathy every time you do it. Working with Ashley (Carly) has been amazing. As she has become more comfortable with her role I've found her acting more emotive and easier to react to as her mum, and in turn she has been able to feed off of my character. This is similar of the rest of the cast and their characters, and the work ethic and passion for our subject and characters involved has brought us all closer together.

    ReplyDelete