Sunday 11 January 2015

DIARY OF A SIBLING WITH A BROTHER ON THE AUTISTIC SPECTRUM


So I'm in college now. Daniel's in his final year of secondary school. The bullying got too bad we had to move him. Seriously how can people be so... awful? its sickening. Just because someone is different they shouldn't be teased for it. At least he is away from that now. He is doing really well in his new school! They have done so much to help him. he is expecting Cs and Bs in his GCSEs where before he was expecting Gs and Fs! I'm so proud of him he has worked really hard. he loves his new uniform too. look here it is:
















Daniels become much more social since being at his new school. Normally before he would keep to himself but he's actually managed to find himself a GIRLFRIEND! I do look forward to many days of teasing with this one hahahaha!

Mum and I are doing better. We still argue all the time but we appreciate each other more.
I often wonder what life would be like if Daniel didn't have autism. Would I be as close to him as I am now? Would mum and i argue all the time? Would he still be the same person? A lot of people think autism is this horrible condition. Which it is to an extent. They say it ruins their family. With my experience though with my little brother... id have to disagree. I don't think id be quite as compassionate as i am now. Autism has made my family rather than tear us apart. its made us love each other and respect each other. we look out for each other. if that is not family, then id rather not know what family is.

I'm really excited to see how hes gonna turn out. I'm not quite as scared now. i think hes going to be okay.

Better get back to this homework -.-
Till Next time Journal!
Shaza xx

No comments:

Post a Comment