Sunday 11 January 2015

SHAZA'S DIARY PART 2

... its me again.
So it's been confirmed. Daniels has autism. I've known since it was first suggested really. Its nice to have the diagnosis but it seems mums become that much more protective over him since it. That doesn't surprise me though. He's the youngest. The baby of the family.
We are a normal family.
We have a mum, a dad (He doesn't live with us though. He married someone else and lives in Australia now. His new wife is nice though.) We have an older brother Liam who constantly seems to be getting into trouble. I worry about him a lot. I think he was hurt more than he lets on when dad left.
Daniel gets on really well with mums new partner. They both have common interests like carpentry. Building things and electronics is something which Daniel has loved since he was a little boy. He'd go absolutely mental if anyone touched his tools. Don't bother asking him about one of his projects though. seriously you wouldn't get a word in edge ways he explains everything to you.
I worry about what its going to be like for him now he has the diagnosis. The kids at school once they find out. They already bully him for the most mundane things anyway at the moment. Now its actually confirmed that something.. I want to say wrong with him. but there's nothing wrong with him. its just his mind works and processes slightly different to us.
I am very protective of Daniel. I love him to pieces of course I do, he's my little brother at the end of the day.
I get frustrated though, because he gets all this special treatment from mum. He gets to choose the TV programme, he gets all her attention. She gives him more praise. it feels like, what are Liam and I? Project one and two? Finished? I know its an awful thing to say but that is honestly how it feels.

I suppose we will see how things go.

Shaza xx

This is daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment